Listen to 041: Dr. Anthony Gustin – The Link Between Blood Sugar Levels & Chronic Diseases + My Continuous Blood Glucose Monitoring Results from Keto Answers Podcast: Low Carb Lifestyle | Ketogenic Diet Nutrition | Holistic Health in Podcasts.
Dr Anthony Gustin got a continuous blood glucose monitor implanted into his belly
Here are some points the podcast is made
- blood glucose is more important to measure than ketones, ketones is just what is circulating, not what you’re using. keto adapted people keep ketones to exactly what you want.
- measuring ketones is good to know if you’re in ketosis, but level is not necessarily very accurate or meaningful
- hard to get to 2.0 ketones without fasting
- you want the feedback loop between what you eat, and what you measure, to be as tight as possible. Ketones don’t provide that as well as glucose
- blood sugar is a better indicator for overall health and fat loss than ketone levels, including better mood, better sleep
- glucose testing strips are much cheaper than
- fasting drops blood sugar
- movement can decrease blood sugar
- some people had a sugar spike in a banana, but not the cookie, others spiked with a cookie, but not a banana. Everyone has their own blood sugar profile
- you cannot trust nutrition facts and should test yourself
- ¼ of one apple really spiked his insulin past 180
- a lot of keto friendly foods, including quest bars, actually spiked his ketone levels
- resistance movement, strength training helps push blood sugars low, much more so than walking
- you should have at least 3 data points when you test
Here on fasting motivation, we love measuring things until we have found a routine that works for us. This podcast was very eye opening
subscribe to the keto answers podcast for a lot more information
This ain’t medical advice. Consult your doctor
Keep your blood sugars low, steady, and health-tastic
Get Motivated. Get Fasted.