the linked video is:
Longevity & Why I now eat One Meal a Day
interestingly, it has over 8 million views
here are some notes:
- how did eating get so complicated?
- you’d think by now there would be consensus on what our eating habits should look like
- there are over 50,000 books on how to eat
- homo sapiens emerged about 200,000 years ago
- back then things were an awful lot different
- does more food make you healthier and make you live longer?
- one method accepted by science increases longevity
- many organisms live 30% longer if they have 30% fewer calories
- does that mean eating less at each of 3 meals?
- in hunter gatherer culture, people would feast on a big catch, then not eat much for a few days
- insulin stores excess carbs in your liver, your muscles, and fat cells
- If you stop eating for about 12 hours, your carb stores will deplete and you’ll start burning fat
- humans have no requirement to eat carbohydrates
- the benefits of fasting
- fasting is the first principle of medicine
- fast and see the strength of the spirit reveal itself
- aging is the cumulative damage to DNA
- eating once per day is an excellent balance
- hunger diminishes after few weeks
- and not worrying about what to eat gives you more time and energy to do other things
Lets figure it out! The Fasting Motivation podcast is not medical advice.
Subscribe on iTunes
Subscribe on Android