the linked video is titled: Cardio vs weight training for fat loss
Here are my notes from Edward V:
- both cardio and weight training both have benefits, but which is BETTER?
- there are 2 studies that Edward sites in his research
- in the first study, the cardio group lost more fat over the weight training group
- and was the same as the group that did cardio AND weight training
- so it looks like cardio is more effective fat loss
- a 2011 meta-analysis also showed the same thing
- cardio has more effect on calorie burn at that time
- but remember, the more muscle you have, the more calories you burn continuously and make you more insulin sensitive
- the more muscle you have, the easier it is to stay lean
- Cardio helps cardiovascular health
- tldr: Edward says we should do both.
Lets figure it out! The Fasting Motivation podcast is not medical advice.
Watch Fledge for the REST OF THE STORY
Edwards recommendation is in line with Cole and with others. Where we can have a simple rule:
- exercise every single day
- lift every other day
- cardio every other day
- make it fit into your lifestyle: when it’s nice, get outside, enjoy the summer!
Subscribe on iTunes
Subscribe on Android